Friday, July 6, 2012

DIES IRAE (Novella) Review

DIES IRAE (Requiem Series, .5)DIES IRAE by Christine Fonseca

I don't know what I was expecting when I started reading this novella, but it honestly surpassed anything I had expected since this has been the best one I've read so far this year.

DIES IRAE is an action and drama packed read, which means there was never a dull moment for me while reading it. Although it doesn't really show how two of the characters fell in love, and I would have loved to read more about it, I could tell it was something that had been simmering under the surface for a while. And thinking for just how long he had been trying to suppress those feelings only to loose her like that at the end was very heart-wrenching. At the end, it wasn't surprising how Azza became the Dark One since the emotions he seemed to embrace the most had always been the "negative" ones; rage and lust.

The only problem I had at the beginning was the sentences feeling a bit clipped. There were too many too short sentences, but as the story progressed, and I found myself deeper and more interested in it, this stopped being a problem for me. Otherwise, I loved the way Christine Fonseca told the story of these three characters. Now I can't wait to read the first book.

My Rating:

4 comments:

  1. You're a big fan of romance novels, yes? ;O

    I might try to read one you recommend one day, so I can see why people like them (I'm more of a non-fiction reader).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm more of a fantasy, supernatural and those kind of genres reader. It just so happens every book I've read has romance and sometimes it's kind of frustrating/annoying/laughable how they fall in love at first sight, but sometimes if the author writes it well, I don't mind it.

    Let me know when you are going to venture into the fiction genres.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK do you have a suggestion?

    I thought you were into elf romances or something like that, but now this a lot more sense. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. City of Bones is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete